i give the organization that i work for a new challenge every couple of months.
the challenge that i placed in front of them this month was to become a more grateful people.
i work for an excellent organization that is very supportive of its customers, community, and employees.
to put meat on the bones, i asked each of them to thank one person a day for the next two months.
in order to thank one person a day, you have to think about what you are grateful for.
my hope is that this challenge will result in more thinking on what we have going for us (gratitude) than what we don’t have going for us (envy, jealousy, covetousness)
here are just a few things that i gave them as examples to cover their first week
- thank their manager for a job
- thank a fellow employee for their hard work
- thank a friend for being their friend
- thank God for being alive
- thank somebody they don’t like for something they did (try to find something positive in the least positive)
- thank their spouse for sticking with them through this obstacle course of life
- thank a random person for a random act of kindness
we have so much to be grateful for – we don’t have a dictator trying to kill us because of our race or ideology, we have a shirt to wear, we have electricity, we have a roof over our heads, we have freedom to worship God…
so, i’ll challenge you also: thank somebody everyday for the next 30 days … in hopes that it becomes a habit that takes you to the grave – it is the will of God for your life:
Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. -1 Thess. 5:18
what are you thankful for today?